Roots Natural Kitchen Accounting Coordinator
969 2nd St. SE, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Accounting Coordinator - Bookkeeping & Financial Reporting
At Roots, we are passionate about making healthy food taste awesome. We strive to empower people through natural food and believe in the potential of humans to do great things. We are about a lifestyle of great food fueling any lifestyle you choose, whether it's a Netflix marathon or an actual marathon. Roots is growing fast, hiring tons of new crewmembers, and promoting from within as often as possible! We’ve expanded to five locations in under four years and plan to accelerate our growth moving forward. With that growth comes many new challenges, roles, and opportunities. The sky is really the limit if you are someone who is always looking for new mountains to climb.
Humans We Love
At Roots we're looking for excited, happy humans who collaborate phenomenally with others. We want to be around people who take pride in the work they do, are always looking to learn, and have the motivation to grow with us! These types of people make Roots an amazing place to work and can succeed in a fast paced, highly communicative, and team-oriented environment.
As a member of our Accounting team you will be responsible for making sure the Financial Reporting is as carefully crafted as each Roots Bowl! You will work directly alongside our Chief Financial Officer, ensuring accurate financial reporting, timely cooperation with vendors, and correct payment of state and local taxes.
- Maintain the general ledger for assigned restaurant locations and accounts
- Oversee vendor payments and maintain reconciled vendor accounts
- File State & Local sales, meals, and other relevant taxes
- Prepare & review internal and external financial statements, including the monthly preparation of relevant accruals
- Analyze financial information by creating spreadsheet reports
- Collaborate to create insightful reports to drive improved operating performance
- Maintain confidentiality
Skills, Experience & Requirements
- Degree and/or experience in accounting
- Familiarity with the Quickbooks/Intuit software suite a plus
- Familiarity with the food service industry a plus
- Ability to work independently, exercising independent judgment in prioritizing and completing tasks with minimal oversight
- Self-motivated, self-reflective, and adaptable
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Openness to working from our Charlottesville-based “corporate” home
- Relaxed and productive work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Substantial career development opportunities
Ready to join our crew? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com!